Tuesday, January 24, 2012

PUFFIN SETTLING INTO HER NEW HOME

With all the focus on getting home, I neglected to share what happened when we arrived. Things went pretty much as expected. First I parked Puffin and then went inside to greet our basset while my husband held Puffin’s leash. Next, I took Puffin's leash and my husband went inside to bring our basset, EZ out on leash to meet Puffin on more neutral ground. Puffin’s hair went up initially, but within minutes they both seemed to be doing well with each other. EZ has access only to our family room and the back yard, so it was easy to let Puffin explore the rest of the house on leash. She was very excited and wired. Next we put EZ outside and took Puffin into the family room where we also have two cats. They are as different as their color. Scooter, mostly white wasted no time in getting acquainted. He went right up to puffin and began rubbing himself against her legs. She on the other hand seemed a bit frightened of him and her hair went up again. Our black cat, Cinders kept her distance. Neither cat ran from her.

Puffin remains very curious about the cats and Scooter continues to make himself completely available to her. This morning I put Puffin on tie down at her place in our bedroom. I stepped out briefly and heard a strange noise. Our white cat had gotten out of the family room and gone there and was lying in another dog bed that was inside a garbage bag. It made a nice nest for scooter. Puffing was at the end of her tether, nosing him as he lay calmly purring his contentment. He seems to have no fears. Puffin did mouth him a bit and my concern is that she may want to nibble at him to see what he is like.

It is still much to icy to venture out for a walk. Puffin and I did visit a friend at the hospital this afternoon. I was able to work her from the entrance, up some stairs, and through the treatment area where my friend was.

Puffin is very affectionate. She is very curious about everything and is really cute. When she lies down, she often crosses her front legs. This makes her look sophisticated. She is a sensitive and responsive girl.

Huffin' and Puffin

No comments:

Post a Comment