Monday, January 9, 2012

FLYING LOW

I thought it would be a great idea to use the Puffin sound as a ring tone for my phone until I heard its call:

http://www.junglewalk.com/popup.asp?type=a&AnimalAudioID=12957
(Copy and paste the link)

We flew low this morning during our first Elm Street loop walk. Word is that we will solo on it this Wednesday.

This afternoon, we walked to Century 21 and negotiated escaladers. It seems that Puffin would rather fly than ride such a thing. The trainer assured me that her hesitation was due to my own lack of confidence getting on and off. We will both improve.

There were two lectures today: one on traffic and another on dog food. I learned that my Puffin prefers dog food to flying and diving for fish in the icy, arctic waters of the Atlantic and Pacific.

As always, we had a busy schedule today:
5:30 wake-up call with trainers coming around to each of our rooms with pans of food for each of our dogs. Within minutes they had polished their dishes and we were ready to go out to “Park Time”. After many minutes, we had time to get ready for breakfast.
7:00 Breakfast. (Food is always very good)
8:00 Meet at the lobby to go out on our first trip. Two of us were driven to town and I was first to go with the trainer.
9:30 I returned to the campus with a shuttle driven by staff.
9:45 Groom Puffin
10:00 Joined staff at coffee break
10:30 Park Time
11:00 Traffic Lecture
12:15 Lunch
1:00 Afternoon trip to town with the trip as described.
2:30 Free time in the dorm. I sat by Puffin’s bed and checked my e-mail as she slept beside me. I must admit that I also caught a few winks.
4:00 Worked with the trainer on vacuum cleaner issues for several minutes (Puffin was frightened by one on our first day together)
4:30 Feeding Dogs and Park Time
5:15 dinner
6:30 Lecture on Dog Food
8:00 Park Time

More tomorrow.

Huffin’ and Puffin

No comments:

Post a Comment