Wednesday, January 18, 2012

GOING HOME TO A NEW LIFE TOGETHER

There is certainly a flurry of activity today. I began by doing a load of clothes in preparation for packing. During our morning trip, we walked on some very narrow sidewalks with clearance issues along our path. We also stopped at a department store for some shopping. We arrived back at the dorm in time for park and then a lecture on pet insurance options.

During the afternoon trip, our entire class worked from various routs to a creamery and had some ice cream as a sort of party.

Once back at the dorm again, I had an exit interview and met with another person to settle up for purchases that I made. I said good-by to friends and began packing for a long trip home tomorrow. Surprisingly, my suitcase is well under the 50-pound limit this time although there are still some items to be tucked into my bags.

The weather may be a factor in my going home plans. We’ll see what happens. It looks as if we will be flying into arctic-type weather conditions for sure.

It will be good to get home, but leaving here is something like leaving camp. We have been thrown together with a common goal and have had many laughs mixed with some sadness. No matter what, this particular group will never be here together again. I am sure that each class has its personality, but this has been a good one. As many of us are leaving, there are six who will be staying for one additional week. They are folks who have come to complete training with their first dogs. I’m sure that the dorm will be a quieter place.

As far as I know, Trinity is still here waiting for a match with placement to a wonderful home.

No comments:

Post a Comment