Sunday, June 27, 2010

A DAY OF REST


It was a day of rest for us, or at least it should have been. There were no formal workouts. Those who wanted to do so could go to church leaving their dogs on tie down in their rooms.

I chose to stay here and took a walk with Trinity on the leisure path and spent some time in personal worship, playing the piano and reading scripture. I also took two naps and am still very tired. My plan is to get to bed earlier this evening.

The most frustrating thing about my day is that I chose to take this extended down time to call tech support for my e-mail. I have been unable to send messages from my computer since I have been here. I could send and receive from my phone until tech support for my e-mail account changed my password in their efforts to help me. I spent too much time trying to reset the cell phone password, but was finally successful. Now I am back where I started. I can receive e-mail from both my computer and phone, but can only send from my phone. This is a very slow process and I am sending few messages for this reason.

Tomorrow will be a better day. My focus will be back on my work with Trinity. There will be little time to think about computers and cell phones.

We previewed a DVD this evening that will be sent to two different addresses of our choice. It gives people some tips about how best to welcome a new Seeing Eye dog into a family, work place or other group setting. There is also a letter that we can have sent giving a shorter version of the same information.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like great day to me. We didn't get home from church until about 1 this afternoon. Debby took a nap and I dozed a little myself. We still have the windows open, very nice evening. Ribby and Tom Cat are flying around the house playing chase, first one then the other. Tom Cat is now jumping on Ribby so a fun time is had by all. That leisure path is a great place to go and just praise God. Its like looking at Gone with The Wind movie. If you see the big guy or Ginger, tell him hi for me. Tell him I'm still smart from him beating me out of that wine. (He'll know) Have a great week and don't email us unless you really need to. We understand Craig and Debby

    ReplyDelete