Saturday, July 3, 2010

A QUIET DAY




The instructors take turns having a day off while others spend the night with us in the dorm. My instructor was off today meaning that our small group did not have any work sessions today. This does not mean that we slept in, though. The dog food still appeared at our door at about 5:30 this morning.

After the usual morning activities, one of my team members and I took a walk on the leisure path. I now understand that it is about .3 miles long with to gazebos to sit and visit. We did that for a while.

I then found some people to visit with in the lobby and Trinity had her picture taken by one of the other trainers. She is wearing her new harness and hoping for a trip out the main door that is right across from the fireplace.

After the 10:30 park time, I played the piano until time to get ready for lunch.

After lunch it was nap time for me and time to read a book and make phone calls. Before I knew it, they were calling us to ready our dogs to receive their evening meal. This means that we were to have them loose in the rooms so we could work on “Go to your place” When they knocked with the food pans.

This evening we had a barbecue outside that included corn on the cob, vegetables, baby back ribs, corn bread, and root beer floats and watermelon for dessert.

At 6:15 we met in the common lounge for a birthday party—ice cream cake. The cake was purchased by another student for this occasion. One of our class mates turns 50 today.

Following this there was instructions on giving our dogs a massage. We were hands-on with the dogs on the floor. It was hard for Trinity to settle. She wanted to lie on her back and wiggle and sit up alternately.

I am currently waiting for my laundry to get out of the drier. I left Trinity in the room while I went to tend to it. She apparently was very quiet while I was gone. She seems to be tired in the evenings and sleeps on her bed without difficulty.

Tomorrow being Sunday, we will be able to sleep in until 6:30. I have signed up to attend church as did half our class. We can take our dogs with us tomorrow. I believe our trainer will be here and we will have workouts with him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment